DATE & LOCATION
11th September 2019 – 09.30 – 15.00
Hilton Metropole, NEC, Birmingham
FREE to MEUC Members
MEUC Members and guests are invited to this one-day ‘training’ session which will provide an in-depth look into commodity price risk, hedging strategies, trading, UK/European market links and best practice approaches to enabling a successful overall strategy.
Goals for the day
- Develop an understanding of commodity price risk and how to carry out basic calculations
- Learn about more in depth analysis carried out by ZTP in partnership with the University of Kent whilst producing advanced risk modelling for commodity pricing in the UK gas and power market
- View the links between UK markets and European
- Understand/view the results of different hedging strategies against a “let it ride” strategy over an historical period
- Discuss best practice for getting all stakeholders involved with energy purchasing and management to enable a successful overall strategy
- Produce an information document detailing key areas from the day
The full agenda can be found here and if you would like to know more about ZTP (Zero Trace Procurement) or exactly what the day will cover don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Places are limited for this special event, so register and secure your place today